Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've Got Butterflies!

I admit it. I subscribe to more design magazines that I can ever read in full, but I am able to flip through and find things that catch my design eye.  While parousing a recent edition of House Beautiful I noticed delicate and beautiful, sculpture-like butterflies on a wall of a featured home. I assumed it was some sort of exotic material that I could never dream of having, but after further reading, I realized the butterflies were made of beer cans!
Yep, beer cans. Designed by artist Paul Villinski, the butterflies are cut out of found aluminum cans and then attached to the wall in various patterns. As you see, the butterflies seem to flutter on the wall and actually, they do move a little when a puff of air blows by. Genius!
These butterflies instantly turn a blank wall into a work of art by adding texture, sculpture, and movement.
Villinski also transforms old records into similar works of art.


So now, my mission is to try and replicate these georgous dainty butterflies (not to diminish the creation of Mr. Villinski). I'll be sure and keep you posted if I get any where close to his collection.
In the meantime, enjoy and and be inspired with your own homes!





'Till Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment