Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BATHROOMS THAT WOW!

It might sound strange, but one of my favorite rooms to renovate is a bathroom! I feel that a powder room or a bathroom can be that one place where you let your imagination run wild and use a design that you might be too timid to use in a larger room. (Please: ENOUGH with the tans and neutrals)  ;)
I think of a bathroom as a place where you can really wow your guests, and at some point, they will all see it! Another great thing to remember is that because the bathroom is such small space, you can splurge on fixtures, curtains, rugs and other lavish things that will get lots of attention simply because of the size of the room.

Let's look at some bathrooms with that wow factor, and on my next post, I'll show you what I did to my own guest bath.

  • Think about the vanity as a piece of funiture.
  • Don't be scared of dark colors.

This is a great bath, but NEVER EVER use a toilet cover, what were they thinking??

A very classic and timeless bathroom with updated touches:

The white touches keep this black wallpaper from being too overpowering:

I love a busy print in a small space as long as it's broken up with some solid colors and pieces:

NEXT POST: I'll show you my bathroom remodel!

No comments:

Post a Comment