Friday, March 5, 2010

MBA Speaking Engagement



This past Wednesday, I was asked to be the featured speaker at the MBA of Orlando.
MBA (Metropolitan Business Association) is a great group of people with a common goal; if you've never heard of them, here is their website description:

Over 200 members strong, the Metropolitan Business Association is Central Florida’s GLBT chamber of commerce. With many opportunities to get involved with the local gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community, we’re proud to be an integral part of the Orlando area community.

The MBA seeks to:

Nurture
Establish and nurture a network of businesses and professional resources for gay men, lesbians, bisexual men and women, transgendered persons and allied communities.

Encourage
Encourage fellowship and support among businesses, professionals, individuals, and charitable pursuits in the GLBT and allied communities.

Oppose prejudice
Oppose prejudice in society at large and within the GLBT and allied communities on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Foster
Foster communications, tolerance, and mutual support among GLBT persons and the allied communities.

Be role models
Provide positive role models in the GLBT and allied communities.


I was able to speak from the heart about my experience on HGTV thus far and of how life opens doors for you that you never knew were even there. From my early dabbles in interior design for my family-to my own homes-and now working to create beautiful spaces for others, I am certainly blessed to do what I love. I would encourage everyone to follow that little voice within and keep the passion alive in your personal life and your career. Trust me, your time on earth will be much better for it. Here is a favorite quote that I shared in my message:
"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
– E. E. Cummings


Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment